Jonathan Levi (review date 3 October 1999)
SOURCE: Levi, Jonathan. “Beauty and the Beast.” Los Angeles Times Book Review (3 October 1999): 2.
[In the following review, Levi compliments A Star Called Henry but argues that the novel is predictable and less edgy than Doyle's earlier work.]
We know their dream; enough To know they dreamed and are dead; And what if excess of love Bewildered them till they died? I write it out in verse— MacDonagh and MacBride And Connolly and Pearse Now and in time to be, Wherever green is worn, Are...
(The entire page is 1242 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE