- On Distant Ground (Masterplots II: American Fiction Series, Revised Edition)
- Wabash (Magill Book Reviews)
- From Where You Dream (Magill Book Reviews)
- A Good Scent from a Strange Mountain (Masterplots II: Short Story Series, Revised Edition)
- Tabloid Dreams (Magill's Literary Annual 1991-2005)
- Psychological Long Fiction (Critical Survey of Long Fiction, Fourth Edition)
- Theory of Short Fiction (Critical Survey of Short Fiction, Second Revised Edition)
- Jealous Husband Returns in Form of Parrot (Masterplots II: Short Story Series, Revised Edition)
At a glance:
- Author: Robert Olen Butler
Other literary forms
Although highly praised as a novelist, Robert Olen Butler has received his greatest acclaim for his work as a writer of short stories. He achieved national recognition in 1992 for A Good Scent from a Strange Mountain, a celebrated collection of short stories about Vietnamese refugees settled in communities in Louisiana. He has also published several other books of short stories, including Tabloid Dreams (1996), Had a Good Time: Stories from American Postcards (2004), Severance (2006), and Intercourse (2008). The...
(The entire page is 3528 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE