- Reform movements take shape
- Church starts reforms
- Religious orders and congregations formed
- Peter Canisius, a Jesuit in Central Europe
- Jane Frances of Chantal
- The Inquisitions
- Index of Prohibited Books
- Portuguese Inquisition
- Witchcraft trials
- Stereotypes Fuel Witch Craze
The Catholic Reformation was a reform movement that took place within the Roman Catholic Church during the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. The movement is also...
(The entire page is 16642 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE