Auden, W. H., “Edgar Allan Poe,” in his Forewords and Afterwords, edited by Edward Mendelson, Random House, 1973, pp. 209-20.
Buranelli, Vincent, Edgar Allan Poe, Boston: Twayne, 1977.
Campbell, Killis, The Mind of Poe and Other Studies, New York: Russell and Russell, 1962.
Daniel, John Moncure, “Introduction to ‘The Raven,’” Richmond Examiner, September 25, 1849, reprinted in Edgar Allan Poe: The Critical Heritage, edited by I. M. Walker, Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1986, pp....
(The entire page is 551 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE