Robert Lowell (essay dates 1957 and 1965)
SOURCE: Lowell, Robert. “Randall Jarrell.” In Robert Lowell: Collected Prose, edited by Robert Giroux, pp. 87-98. New York: Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 1987.
[In the following essays, “On the Seven–League Crutches,” originally published in 1957, and “Randall Jarell, 1914–1965,” originally published in 1965, Lowell favorably reviews Jarrell's The Seven-League Crutches, and presents a reminiscence of Jarrell as a poet, critic, and friend.]
I / ON THE SEVEN-LEAGUE CRUTCHES...
(The entire page is 3825 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE