At a glance:
- Author: A. R. Ammons
Other literary forms
Although A. R. Ammons (AM-uhns) is known primarily for his poetry, he also published reviews and essays. Central to an understanding of his work are “A Poem Is a Walk” and his short autobiographical reflection “I Couldn’t Wait to Say the Word.” Ammons’s several published interviews, especially one by Cynthia Haythe, give additional insight into his poetics. Set in Motion: Essays, Interviews, and Dialogues (1996) collects his most important writings about poetry.
Throughout a distinguished and prolific...
(The entire page is 4179 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE