Legal Citation: 41 U.S. 539 (1842)
State of Pennsylvania
That laws passed by the U.S. Congress regulating interstate retrieval of fugitive slaves take precedence over state laws on the same subject.
Chief Lawyers for Appellant
Chief Lawyer for Appellee
Johnson, Attorney General of Pennsylvania
Justices for the Court
Henry Baldwin, John Catron, Peter Vivian...
(The entire page is 2070 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE