Mrs. Reynolds: Darcy’s housekeeper at Pemberley who speaks highly of him
Georgiana Darcy: Darcy’s shy but impeccably−mannered sister
Mrs. Annesley: Georgiana’s elderly governess
On a leisurely journey, the Gardiners and Elizabeth stop in Derbyshire to view Darcy’s beautiful estate, Pemberley.
The estate is elegant and tasteful, and the housekeeper is overly enthusiastic with praise of her master’s fine manners and honest nature. She mentions that he is often thought of as...
(The entire page is 1001 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE