1. What is Mrs. Touchett’s opinion of American women?
2. When did Caspar last see Isabel?
3. Prior to proposing to her, how many hours has Lord Warburton spent with Isabel?
4. Why does Henrietta want Isabel to see Caspar Goodwood?
5. What is the “big bribe” Isabel refuses?
6. To what Shakespearean character does Ralph compare himself?
7. Besides Gardencourt, does Daniel Touchett, the wealthy American, own other property in Europe?
8. Do Isabel and Henrietta stay with Ralph while visiting London?
(The entire page is 285 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE