About the author: Catherine M. Farmer is a freelance writer in Louisiana.
“I love my country, but I’m afraid of my government.” That’s not just a slogan on the bumper stickers of a handful of radicals. It also reflects the sentiments of a growing number of thoughtful Americans.
A Renegade Government
In spite of bipartisan pledges of governmental accountability, many citizens are more concerned about assaults from federal agents than attacks from common criminals. Although lawful, for now the odds are not good when defending oneself from a...
(The entire page is 795 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE