About the authors: Ben Chaney is the director of the James Earl Chaney Foundation, a civil rights organization named for Ben Chaney’s brother, a civil rights activist who was killed in 1964 in Mississippi. Karen Carrillo is a regional editor of Third Force magazine and the deputy editor of City Sun in Brooklyn, New York.
Andre Lamond Jones was an 18-year-old African American teenager scheduled to go to college in the fall of 1992. In August 1992, Andre—the son of Esther Jones-Quinn, president of the Jackson, Mississippi, chapter of the National Association for...
(The entire page is 2742 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE