Platinum is a transition metal in Group 10 (VIIIB) of the periodic table. The periodic table is a chart that shows how chemical elements are related to each other. Platinum is also a member of a group of metals named after itself. Other platinum metals include ruthenium, rhodium, palladium, osmium, and indium. They are found in Rows 5 and 6 of Groups 8 through 10 in the periodic table. Platinum is also considered to be a precious...
(The entire page is 1728 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE