Abrams, M. H., A Glossary of Literary Terms, 4th ed., Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1981, p. 1.
Camus, Albert, The Plague, translated by Stuart Gilbert, Alfred A. Knopf, 1971.
—, “Reflections on the Guillotine,” in Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, Alfred A. Knopf, 1961, pp. 173–234.
Dank, Milton, The French against the French: Collaboration and Resistance, J. B. Lippincott Company, 1974.
Ellison, David R., Understanding Albert Camus, University of South Carolina Press, 1990.
(The entire page is 441 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE