Kirkus Reviews (review date 1 August 1993)
SOURCE: A review of Up the Agency: The Funny Business of Advertising, in Kirkus Reviews, Vol. LXI, No. 15, August 1, 1993, p. 984.
[In the following excerpt, the critic describes Up the Agency as an amusing look at the advertising business.]
Generalities about advertising by the tireless Mayle [appear in Up the Agency: The Funny Business of Advertising]….
Rather than offer a riotous nailing-down of idiocies in advertising, Mayle depends more upon dry wit rather than...
(The entire page is 357 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE