Chad Walsh (review date 10 October 1976)
SOURCE: A review of "Will I Go to Heaven?" in The New York Times Book Review, October 10, 1976, p. 31.
[Walsh was an American writer, educator, and Episcopal priest. In the following review, he acknowledges the difficulty in writing about heaven and hell but concludes that however brave the attempt, Mayle's effort in "Will I Go to Heaven?" falls short.]
Peter Mayle is well known as the author of two successful books—Where Did I Come From? and What's Happening to Me? He now...
(The entire page is 607 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE