Betty Fussell (review date 13 May 1990)
SOURCE: "'A Dieter's Vision of Hell,'" in The New York Times Book Review, May 13, 1990, p. 8.
[Fussell is an American educator whose writing interests include travel and cooking. In the review below, she finds A Year in Provence an entertaining look at the food and people of Provence.]
I like a book that begins, "The year began with lunch," particularly when the book [A Year in Provence], year and lunch are set in Provence. And I like a lunch that begins with pastis and ends with marc, that...
(The entire page is 1308 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE