Bloom, Harold, editor Gershom Scholem, Chelsea House, 1987, p. 240.
Brod, Max, editor, The Diaries of Franz Kafka 1910-23, Schocken Books, 1948-49.
Emnch, Wilhelm, ''The Construction of the Objective World and the Binding Law," in Franz Kafka: A Critical Study of His Writings, translated by Sheema Zeben Buehne, Fredenck Ungar, 1968, pp. 268-75.
Politzer, Heinz, "Parable and Paradox: 'A Country Doctor' and 'In the Penal Colony'," in Franz Kafka Parable and Paradox, Cornell University Press, 1962, pp. 83-115....
(The entire page is 313 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE