Patricia Best: mother of Billie Delia and daughter of Roger and Delia Best; she is a schoolteacher.
Nathan DuPres: the oldest man in town. He tells a story from his childhood at the Christmas production. (He tells the same story every year.) He is also the owner of Hard Goods, the horse that K. D. Morgan, when he was a small boy, once rode to victory in the race at the founding of Ruby.
Patricia Best is at home, but she is thinking about the upcoming Christmas play. She is certain that it will be the same...
(The entire page is 4966 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE