1. Why is Book IX a central part of the epic poem?
2. What constitutes the climax of Paradise Lost ?
3. In what way is Book IX the turning point of the epic?
4. What is Adam and Eve’s tragic catastrophe?
5. How does the reader feel purged of his/her own emotional conflicts through the narrative?
6. Where has Satan been hiding for the last seven days?
7. How does Satan enter Paradise?
8. Why is Eve alone on the day of her temptation and fall?
9. According to the Serpent, what...
(The entire page is 314 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE