1. What is the symbolic significance of the image of light in Book III?
2. Why is God referred to as “unapproached light”?
3. Whom does God point out to the Son as their dialogue begins?
4. Who answers God’s call for a volunteer to die for Man’s sins?
5. What is Jacob’s ladder in the biblical account?
6. How does Satan’s attitude toward God compare to Jacob’s as they each view the “stairway to Heaven”?
7. Who is Uriel? What does Satan ask of him?
8. Why does Satan disguise...
(The entire page is 330 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE