Dr. Marie Heaton is an anesthesiologist at First Lutheran Hospital in Seattle. Marie is surprised by how much she enjoys her work because as an anesthesiologist she is a doctor but does not have much contact with patients. However, she has come to realize that, in the moment she meets a patient or a patient’s family member, she is able to allay their fear or anxiety with her professionalism and compassion. Marie is very perceptive of the feelings of those around her, which helps her adjust the pain-killing drugs she gives patients while they undergo...
(The entire page is 3744 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE