Ponyboy’s doctors say he has to stay in bed for a whole week. He is not the kind of person who usually sits still, so he has trouble following the doctors’ orders. He reads and draws pictures, but he is bored. One day he looks through Soda’s old yearbooks. He finds a picture he recognizes slightly, but he is not sure why. When he reads the name, he finds out it is Bob.
Ponyboy studies the picture for some time, trying to imagine what kind of person Bob was when he was not drinking and fighting. He knows that Cherry thought he was sweet and funny, a good friend, and a leader....
(The entire page is 429 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE