May Hill Arbuthnot, in her Children's Reading in the Home, Scott, Foresman, 1969, pp. 174-75.
Aidan Chambers, review of The Outsiders, Children's Book News, Vol. 5, No. 6, November-December, 1970, p. 280.
Jay Daly, in his Presenting S. E. Hinton, Twayne Publishers, 1987.
Thomas Fleming, a review of The Outsiders, in the New York Times Book Review, Part H, May 7, 1967, pp. 10, 12.
Lillian V. Gerhardt, a review of The Outsiders, in the School Library Journal,...
(The entire page is 636 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE