Othello - Tags - William Shakespeare
Tips for Getting a Great Answer Fast
- Discuss Shakespeare's portrayal of Venice as setting for Othello in I.i-iii.
- Iago is viewed as pure evil, but Mary Wollestonecraft says, "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the...
- What is the role of the Duke in William Shakespeare's Othello?
- In Shakespeare's Othello: explain what we know about Cassio and Iago, and Iago and Othello.
- How is the fear of being a "cuckold" relevant to William Shakespeare's Othello?
- In Shakespeare's Othello, explain Iago's plans about Roderigo, Cassio, Desdemona and Othello.
- What are some examples of chance or coincidence in Shakespeare's Othello?
- Please explain the role of the handkerchief in Othello? Explain using simple terms.
- In Shakespeare's Othello, the tragic hero Othello suffers a kind of double poetic justice—comment on this.
- Discuss the significance and dramatic purposes of Lodovico in Othello by William Shakespeare.