Candy: the one-handed ranch custodian
The Boss: runs the barley farm
Curley: the boss’s newly married, hot-headed son
Curley’s wife: the pretty, flirtatious, unnamed wife of Curley
Slim: a jerkline skinner, the respected authority on the ranch
Carlson: an experienced ranch hand
Chapter 2 takes place in the bunkhouse of the barley ranch on Friday morning. George and Lennie enter the bunkhouse behind Candy, the old crippled swamper, an unskilled laborer who cleans up the...
(The entire page is 2681 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE