Article abstract: The Nuremberg Trials of twenty-two Germans accused of war crimes resulted in the conviction of nineteen of the defendants and provided thorough documentation of Nazi crimes against humanity.
Summary of Event
The war that Adolf Hitler launched in 1939 was not simply another military conflict involving territorial and economic disputes growing out of traditional international conflicts. Rather, it was an attempt by the Nazi leadership to exploit or exterminate a large number of religious and ethnic groups in Europe classified as...
(The entire page is 2332 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE