Bethe, Monica, and Karen Brazell. “The Practice of Noh Theatre.” In By Means of Performance: Intercultural Studies of Theatre and Ritual, edited by Richard Schechner and Willa Appel, pp. 167-93. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press, 1990.
Discusses the training of the performer in Noh, examining ideas used from the time of Zeami and his father to the present day.
Brazell, Karen. Traditional Japanese Theater: An Anthology of Plays, New York: Columbia University Press, 1998, 561 p....
(The entire page is 472 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE