At a glance:
- Author: Janice Meredith Wilson
- First Published: 1999
- Characters: Father Timothy Kavanagh, Cynthia Coppersmith Kavanagh, Dooley Barlowe, Morris Love, Jeffrey Tolson, Janette Tolson, Otis Bragg, Marlene Bragg, Hélène Pringle
- Genres: Long fiction, Women's literature, Didactic literature, Religion and spirituality, Romance, popular, Novel
- Subjects: Love or romance, Religion, Islands, Christianity, Church or churches
- Locales: United States, North Carolina, North America
Father Timothy Kavanagh, protagonist of four earlier Mitford novels (At Home in Mitford, 1994; A Light in the Window, 1995; These High Green Hills, 1996; and Out to Cannan, 1997), has been retired for six months from his Episcopalian ministry in Lord’s Chapel in the mountain town of Mitford. Approaching his sixty-sixth birthday, he wonders how next to serve God, but he has already accepted an interim appointment at the church of St. John’s in the Grove on Whitecap Island, about six hundred miles from Mitford. He and his wife,...
(The entire page is 1455 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE