Research the development of France's Third Republic and examine how the society depicted in this story reflects the aspirations and apprehensions of the French nation in the 1880s.
Explore the literary circles of which Maupassant was a part and explain how their theories about the role of literature in society affected the development of French, European, and Western fiction.
Read several versions of the Cinderella fable and compare them with this story.
Compare this and other translations of the story with the French original and account for differences between...
(The entire page is 100 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE