In Chapter 12, Paul continues to focus on politics, and Kidder shows how this involvement affects Farmer's friends and coworkers. When Ophelia visits him in Haiti, she seems him uncooperative with the soldiers at roadblocks and leaving politically dangerous literature in view. When he visits Boston, Farmer asks Tom White for $10,000 cash to smuggle back to the resistance movement; this leads to a shooting match with his friends over the risks he is taking. In 1993, Farmer won a MacArthur grant, and wrote The Uses of History. The Uses of...
(The entire page is 413 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE