1600s: The Thirty Years’ War rages in Europe from 1618 to 1648.
1930s-40s: World War II ravages Europe and the Pacific from 1939-45.
Today: There is no widespread warfare in the world. Global or continent-wide wars have given way to small pockets of geographically contained conflict such as the Persian Gulf War of the early-1990s.
1600s: The Thirty Years’ War begins as a con- flict of religious ideology, Catholic versus Protestant....
(The entire page is 363 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE