A Modest Proposal - Tags - themes
Tips for Getting a Great Answer Fast
- What are some of the other "expedients" that the author suggests in "A Modest Proposal"?
- In "A Modest Proposal," in paragraph 9, why doesn't Swift end the sentence after the word food?
- In "A Modest Proposal," Swift lists several proposals that are based on common sense. Why does he refuse to discuss the alternatives?
- In "A Modest Proposal," Swift doesn't reveal his plan until later in the essay. What is the effect of this delay?
- A writer's attitude toward a subject or the reader is called tone. How would you describe Swift's tone in "A Modest Proposal"?
- In "A Modest Proposal," are Swift and the narrator in agreement?
- How is the idea of 'Expressiveness' expressed in Swift's "A Modest Proposal"? Eighteenth century writers assumed the superior...
- In what ways does Jonathan Swift support his argument in "A Modest Proposal"?
- In his satirical pamphlet titled A Modest Proposal, what social problems does Jonathan Swift point out?
- What are some examples of the effective use of parallelism, appeals to logic, and appeals to emotion in Jonathan Swift's "A Modest...