Bolt, Ranjit, trans., Moliere, The Misanthrope, A New Version, Oberon Books, 1998.
Coward, David, "Introduction," in Moliere: The Miser and Other Plays, Penguin Books, 1959, pp. vnviii, xv, xx-xxii.
Dromgoole, Nicholas, "Introduction," in Moliere: The Misanthrope, A New Version, translated by Ranjit Bolt, Oberon Books, 1998, pp. 6, 8-9, 14.
Gaines, James F., and Michael S. Koppisch, eds, Approaches to Teaching Moliere's Tartuffe and Other Plays, Modern Language Association of America, 1995, p. ix.
(The entire page is 469 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE