Bottom makes several absurd requests of the fairies as he and Titania chatter about whether to eat or sleep. They choose to sleep. Oberon and Puck come upon them while they sleep as Oberon explains to Puck that he is now in possession of the changeling and will take the spell from Titania. He does so, wakes her, and she is instantly in love with her husband, Oberon, again and repulsed by the ass-headed Bottom whom she had so recently adored. Oberon orders Puck to take the ass’s head from Bottom and Puck complies as Titania causes Bottom, Helena, Hermia, Demetrius,...
(The entire page is 577 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE