|970–931 BCE||The First Temple of Solomon, a holy site for Jews, is built in the modern-day city of Jerusalem.|
|587–586 BCE||The First Temple of Solomon is destroyed by the Babylonians along with the Southern Kingdom of Judah.|
|538 BCE–70 CE||King Cyrus of Persia conquers the Babylonians and allows exiled Jews to return to Jerusalem.|
|520–515 BCE||The Second Temple of Solomon is built on the site of the First...|
(The entire page is 6172 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE