David Montrose (review date 26 April 1991)
SOURCE: “Another Last Summer,” in Times Literary Supplement, April 26, 1991, p. 20.
[In the following review of A Model World, Montrose finds Chabon's short fiction well composed but unexceptional.]
Over recent years, certain hypesters in American publishing have managed to pass off a potential to achieve great things some day as great things already achieved. The result has been a string of young writers whose books possessed, the PR went, serious literary merit as well as impressive...
(The entire page is 820 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE