The Metamorphosis - Tags - themes
Tips for Getting a Great Answer Fast
- Gregor and his family are separated by doors throughout "The Metamorphosis." Explain what this shows about their relationship.
- In "The Metamorphosis," how does Kafka use humor to highlight the nightmarish qualities of the situation in which Gregor finds himself?
- How does Kafka's matter of fact tone and the changing setting contribute to the theme of alienation?
- In Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis, what was life like for Greogor before his metamporphosis—at home and on the job?
- Why has Gregor changed in Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis?
- What are some examples of symbolism in Kafka's The Metamorphosis?
- What is the mood of the final four paragraphs of the story?
- How does the act of metamorphosis relate to the period of Kafka's The Metamorphosis.
- In The Metamorphosis, why do you suppose the author did not give the names of the boarders?
- Despite Gregor's worsening health in Part 3 of "The Metamorphosis" by Franz Kafka, what solace does Gregor find? Why is this...