1. According to the myth, Circe was the aunt of Medea. What similarities do you find in their characters ?
2. Explain the allusion that Venus, “angry about her father’s gossiping, / Had made her (Circe) what she was.”
3. The story of Aeneas and Dido, one of the chief plot elements of the Aeneid of Virgil, is told by Ovid in half a dozen lines. What effect, if any, do they have on the reader?
4. What well-known theme is repeated in the story of the wish of the Sibyl?
5. What great change has occurred in the fate of the...
(The entire page is 439 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE