Maggie Cutler is the author, at Nerve.com, of a biweekly column entitled “The Secret Life of Maggie Cutler,” which satirizes the confusion between politics, media, and sex in American culture.
Summary: Thousands of studies have tried to determine how media violence affects children. However, all this research has produced no clear answers, and statements about “what the research shows” often exaggerate the actual evidence. It’s almost impossible to separate media violence from all the other factors that can influence violent behavior. One thing...
(The entire page is 2020 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE