In Greek mythology, Medea was an enchantress and witch who used her magic powers to help JasonGreek hero and leader of the Argonauts who went on a quest for the Golden Fleece and the Argonauts in their quest for the Golden Fleecehide of a magic ram that hung in a sacred grove guarded by a serpent. Later, after Jason betrayed her, she used her witchcraft to take revenge.
The daughter of Aeëtes, king of Colchis, Medea first saw Jason when he arrived at the...
(The entire page is 701 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE