Bache, William B. "The Ethic of Love and Duty." In "Measure for Measure" as Dialectical Art, pp. 1-12. Lafayette, IN: Purdue University Studies, 1969. Argues that Measure for Measure is a realistic play about the "brutality" of life. Bache focuses on the religious overtones in the play and the manner in which its central characters struggle to find the right way to live in the face of life's difficulties.
Barnes, Barbara J. "Assaying the Power of Chastity in Measure for Measure." Studies in English Literature 30, No. 2 (Spring 1990): 283-301....
(The entire page is 1764 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE