Diana Hume George (essay date 1992)
SOURCE: "Creature Comforts," in The Women's Review of Books, Vol. IX, No. 8, May, 1992, p. 17.
[George is a poet, educator, and critic. In the following review of Looking for Luck, she describes Kumin "as a survivor who knows her survival is only temporary, she uses poetry to come to terms with as many permanent losses as possible before the final one."]
With Looking For Luck, her tenth volume of poetry, Maxine Kumin joins the Norton stable of writers. I'm usually uncomfortable with that term, but...
(The entire page is 1765 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE