With the huge increase of on-line users below the age of 18 caused by the explosive growth of on-line services and access in the United States and other technologically sophisticated nations, there has been an accompanying surge in the availability of adult oriented content and services that has generated much concern for the protection of the public and children, in particular, from exposure to inappropriate content. As a result, a plethora of government policies and industry strategies have been proposed for dealing with this social problem.
Due to the competing interests...
(The entire page is 2242 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE