Agreat deal is made of the so-called “liberal press,” but the liberalism of the elite press is more cultural than political. The royalty of journalism pretty much shares the social attitudes of other well-educated and high-earning Americans, beginning with an aversion to progressive income taxes.
Cokie Roberts of ABC News, it is true, is the daughter of two Democratic members of Congress, Hale Boggs, the late majority leader of the House, and his widow, former Representative Lindy Boggs. Tim Russert, the Washington bureau chief of NBC News and moderator of Meet the Press,...
(The entire page is 1122 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE