Legal Citation: 463 U.S. 783 (1983)
Frank Marsh, Nebraska State Treasurer, et al.
That prayer led by a publicly paid chaplain to open Nebraska legislature sessions should not be found in violation of the First Amendment's Establishment Clause due to its historical and secular role.
Chief Lawyer for Petitioner
Shanler D. Cronk
Chief Lawyer for Respondent
Herbert J. Friedman
(The entire page is 2201 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE