David F. Musto is a professor at the Yale School of Medicine and author of The American Disease: Origins of Narcotic Control.
Source: Marijuana policy should not be decided at the state level. The prohibition of dangerous drugs is an overriding national concern that requires federal-level decision making. While some states are attempting to legalize medical marijuana, there is no conclusive evidence proving that the drug is an effective medicine. If states such as California are allowed to repeal antimarijuana laws, it would weaken the nation’s unified...
(The entire page is 972 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE