The Marijuana Policy Project is an educational and lobbying organization that works to reform marijuana laws at the federal level.
Source: Marijuana is a safe medicine that is useful in the symptomatic treatment of several ailments, including AIDS, epilepsy, glaucoma, cancer, and multiple sclerosis. However, marijuana is still classified as a Schedule I drug, meaning that it is officially defined as addictive and of no medicinal value. Although state legislatures can elect to remove state-level prohibitions on the use of medical marijuana, they remain...
(The entire page is 1832 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE