More and more heavy drinkers are people under twenty; more and more accidents that are fatal and are caused by drinking have people under twenty as victims; the number of children who are drinking is increasing. Hyde does not preach [in Know About Alcohol]; she explains why people drink, why they are affected in different ways and at different rates. She describes the effects of alcohol on the body and suggests some ways in which alcoholics can be identified, and she gives information about organizations that help alcoholics. One chapter poses...
(The entire page is 216 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE