At a glance:
- Author: Margaret Drabble
Margaret Drabble was born on June 5, 1939, in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, the daughter of a circuit court judge, John Frederick Drabble, and a teacher of English, Kathleen Bloor Drabble. Her older sister, Antonia Susan, was to achieve a considerable reputation as a novelist under the name of A. S. Byatt; her younger sister, Helen, became an art critic; and a brother became an attorney. Drabble was educated at a Quaker boarding school in York and at Newnham College, Cambridge, where she concentrated in literature but spent much of her time in theater activities...
(The entire page is 5513 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE