Hughes, Derek, English Drama 1660–1700, Clarendon Press, 1996.
Love, Harold, Congreve, Basil Blackwell, 1974.
Lyons, Patrick, Congreve: Comedies. A Critical Casebook, Macmillan, 1982.
Stieber, Anita, Character Portrayal in Congreve’s Comedies: ‘‘The Old Bachelor,’’ ‘‘Love for Love,’’ and ‘‘The Way of the World,’’ Edward Mellen Press, 1996.
Thomas, David, English Dramatists: William Congreve, Macmillan, 1992.
Young, Douglas M., The Feminist Voices in Restoration...
(The entire page is 319 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE